Tuesday, February 26, 2013

LOL Minstries and Shutting my Mouth!

In 2010 I was given a full paid trip to Belize to meet the founders of a ministry in Belize called LOL Ministry. I met the young couple that started this orphanage and see what they do.  I totally feel in love with their heart for God and their heart to help not only orphans but the people of Belize.  After parting I and Melissa (one of the founders) knew that some how God would use Supplying Needs to send goods to them.  We didn't know how and we didn't know when but some day. 


Last week one morning when I was spending time with God I started to think about Melissa and LOL Ministry.  That desire came up again to be able to have Supplying Needs help in some way, shape, or form.  But I didn't see how it was possible at this stage in the game so I pushed the thoughts aside and thought "that isn't for another few years"

To my surprise that same morning I received an email from Melissa telling me they had a company that would ship one pallet of goods, once a month, free of charge from Alabama to Belize. How awesome is that.  The only probably was how were we going to get it from Supplying Needs in California to Alabama.

A few days later I looked into companies that would ship from where we are to where the pallet would leave the country.  I found a website that compared trucking companies and their prices.  I signed up with the website and started looking at the different companies.  About 30 minutes later I received a phone call from the company to make sure I logged everything in correctly to get the best deal. The lady asked what I was doing it for. I told her we wanted to get the pallet space donated so we could help an orphanage. The lady responded and said "Oh that is wonderful but you will never get it for free"

I felt my blood start to boil. I instantly got angry. How dare she tell me what God can or cannot do. But I kept my mouth shut and tried to be courteous the rest of the conversation even though I really wanted to give this woman a piece of my mind. At the end of our conversation the lady said "Oh I wish I could help you I just love kids" I told her "Thank you for your time." but what I really wanted to say was "Then shut your mouth and just do it"  I know I know I am ashamed of my thoughts at times as well.  After we got off the phone I said to Joel "I don't know why I am so mad. What is wrong with me. But what she said really angered me" 

As I went about calling and emailing companies the Lady called me back and said "I just couldn't get those babies out of my head and I really want to help so I told my boss and they are working on it"   Praise God that He gave me self control to shut my mouth. 

I got an email from a woman at her company and we have been working on it ever since.  I don't know what the results are going to be (they may or may not be able to help) but I do feel if I had not kept my mouth shut God could not have used me like he did.  I am excited that we will be able to help the orphanage.  I am pumped it is going to be sooner than later. 

If you know of any company or truckers that could help us that would be so great.

God truly is mind blowing. He never cease to amaze me!
Blow away by God,
Dess

LOL Ministries

No comments: